Sunday 3 February 2013

ERMAR's Wonder Garden

OUT AND ABOUT IN THE GARDEN THIS MORNING.
I have not written on my blog for some time, but this morning I took out my camera and went for a walk around and into the vegetable garden to pick fruit and vegetables before the rain came. Then I watered the flower box under the eaves at the front of the house. This flower box is a memorial to my cat Beauty who died a year ago. It is the Wildflower Garden.





Pink and White Cosmos














One of my best roses.

















Sweet Williams with raindrops.













Pinks in the rain.



A few weeks ago as I was getting out of my car a tattered female Monarch Butterfly flew round me and then went over to the Wildflower Garden where I had planted Swan Plants last year. They have been moved over by the garage. She soon found her way to the larger one and stayed a while. After that she circled me again and then flew off up over the house. I think it was the last of the Monarchs I nurtured last year. She pupated in April so I think she wintered over.


My Monarch returns.



I was delighted last week to find four caterpillars.


A baby Monarch Caterpillar hiding under a leaf.



This week I did not buy any vegetables at the supermarket. For the time being the garden is feeding me. Just before the rain came I went out and gathered courgettes, beans, tomatoes and strawberries.

Produce from my potager gardens.

This week I plan to finish weeding the Herb Garden on the lower level and then I can potter and enjoy the fruit of my labours and spend more time in the studio producing an abundance of good quality paintings to sell at a reasonable price!

No comments:

Post a Comment