Monday 20 February 2012

Little Miracles of Creation

I have spent most of today in the garden, mainly clearing the patio which I am going to turn into a herb garden. Then I took out my camera and had a look round to photograph the garden before I start replanting herbs out of the potagers. I also looked at the newly planted Beauty's Wildflower Garden and there I spied a Monarch Caterpillar on the tiny Swan Plant. I hope its mother knew what it was doing as the plant is very small.
Next, I came across another tiny creature, a bee,  busy in the Oregano flowers.
I moved on to the deck, where I have some plants. First, I found some beautiful roses.
Then I was struck by the lovely contrasting colors of the blueberries just starting to ripen.
After this I looked at the newly planted fruit trees replacing the trees that had died and been felled and discovered these juicy limes almost ready to harvest.
I ended my tour at the potagers. The harvest is late coming in this year but everything looks luscious.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a lovely walk around your garden Eileen. Just the thing to end my day!

    ReplyDelete