Friday 14 October 2011

A LOT TO WONDER AT

This week has provided a lot of food for thought. Yesterday I read two news items about rugby ( is there any other news other than rugby at present?) In one write up the English team were being investigated with possible suspensions forthcoming for their drunken and other behaviors on tour in New Zealand. While the Welsh team were being criticized because they were supposedly not drinking before the semi-finals this weekend. Can you win?
Then there is the shipping. The Rena it now appears intended to crash into the reef! And the Aratere Ferry has been expensively enlarged and refitted and is still a "Spanish Flea!" There are disgruntled passengers already.
On Wednesday I was in the Lansdowne Gardens in Masterton. I strolled down to the aviaries and at first thought they were unoccupied. They looked somewhat derelict. But as I came nearer, I saw the birds. We go on a lot about zoo animals being properly housed in suitable habitats so how about birds? The cages were not very interesting and looked unkempt. The highlight of the visit was when a cockatiel called out to me,"Hello darling!"
I am also wondering when the Wellington rain will stop so that I can put some seeds into my beautifully weeded potagers. I see though that the long range forecast predicts a fine Labour Weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eileen.. your garden beds are wonderful. I must come see them one day. The view looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete